Thursday, July 02, 2009

pics from NY


image from Sloan Fine Art +2 opening. me on top. jordin isip on left. saejean oh on right.


some people at opening.


pirates on bikes?


best new park in new york city. built on an abandoned train station and rail line. the high line.


artist installation. gorgeous. this photo is washed out. in real life they're all different shades of jeweled greens/browns taken from single pixels from a bunch of photos of the hudson river over a period of time.


another view. you can see the train tracks with plants growing around them.


one of my favorite parts. you can peek out onto the traffic below. it's like watching a marine show at an aquarium.


installation at MOMA by Song Dong and his grieving mother. i loved it. an OCD's paradise.





henry darger. one of my absolute faves. i saw more of his pieces at the Folk Art Museum next door the other day. i never get tired of seeing his work.


jockum nordstrom. one of my other faves. also from the MOMA.


andrea zittel.


jim hodges. colored pencil on paper.


original film work for 60s/70s? designer Vera's patterns. this was at Anthropolgie by Rockefeller Center.


Vera's fabric and scarves.


collaborative guerilla knitting installation on 9th street by karen eubel and others. click here for more info.



those are just the edited highlights....
there's been short bursts of hard rain about once a day.
new york is over whelming... my mom, my man and my sister were all in town too. at the end of my 2 week trip, i'll have moved my suitcase around to sleeping at 7 different spots.